Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fragile Oak




During this "awakening" one of the things that I recently did was... purchase a fairly nice camera. I'm a long time admirer of nature, photography, and art. So, it is about time for me to get behind the lens and enjoy it to the fullest! While looking at this world through a camera, life's everyday demands disappear.

The above picture was one of the first hundred of pictures that I took. This acorn is right at my backdoor. It has rooted itself inches away from our patio and it just can't stay. Well it could stay but it would never make it. It would most likely take abuse from a large shoe, or from the plastic strings of our weed eater. So I have a plan to gently remove it and place it at the edge of our wood line. It survived a long winter and for that, I'll do my best to see that it becomes a mighty oak.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic!

Catherine Todd said...

Beautiful - a fresh breath of LIFE.

Relax A Little Bit said...

Thank you Catherine!

Relax A Little Bit said...

And thank you Anonymous.