Friday, April 9, 2010

No Two Are The Same


I closed the door to my car, nervous and excited to be alone, there were vacationers in and out of cars snapping pictures and playing in the surf. I came to capture the coastal sun to share. I once read that no two sunsets are the same and if that is true then my photo is an original. It's a nice thought. When the sun begins to sink it sinks quickly. I found myself sprinting back and forth placing the camera and my body in different positions only hoping to achieve bragging rights to a sunset that will never be any one's to brag on. After running about snapping pictures as if my very existence depended on it, I couldn't help but think of how nice it would have been to sit and watch it blaze down into the coastal sound---maybe tomorrow.

No comments: